FROM: UofT listserv’s
Working the Scene in Colour is a live, scene reading series bringing together writers and actors who identify as Indigenous and People of Colour.
1) To establish an ongoing event where Indigenous writers and writers of colour can hear their work and receive candid and invaluable feedback.
2) To provide a venue for Indigenous actors and actors of colour to enhance their skills in a challenging performing environment.
3) To create a networking opportunity for writers, actors and other industry professionals.
At each event, 3 – 6 submitted scenes will be performed and critiqued by actors and fellow participants. Actors will be provided by the ACTRA Diversity Committee.
- Deadline for submission is: Monday, July 4th 2016. Selected writers will be notified by Tuesday July 12th.
- We are accepting scene submissions from feature and television screenplays and theatre plays. Scenes can be from works-in-progress or polished scripts. All genres are accepted.
- Only scenes with a maximum running time of 5 minutes will be accepted. Complete scripts will not be accepted.
Selected scenes will be announced a week before the live read date.
- Selected writers are obligated to attend. Selected writers who cannot attend must inform the organizers prior to the live-read date.
- The inaugural Working the Scene in Colour live-read event will take place: Tuesday July 19, 2016 6:30PM to 9:30PM University of Toronto, Multi-Faith Centre 569 Spadina Ave, Toronto, ON M5S 2J7 Multi-Faith Centre Main Activity Hall (directions: http://www.leadingedgeseminars.org/directions/university-of-
- E-mail all submissions and questions to: email@example.com.
Working the Scene is proud to be partnering with ACTRA Toronto Diversity Committee and the University of Toronto Graduate Student Union -Race & Ethnicity Caucus. This initiative is also made possible with the support of b current, Indigenous and Creatives of Colour in Film and TV, Massey College Diversity Committee and Obsidian Theatre Company.