“We” came across a bio that ends with:
“…I had little esteem until a few years ago and would never have attempted writing or public speaking – now I am doing both!
I’ve also started a communication course at college and am training to facilitate a life group through my church. In my spare time, I love to read and learn.”
1) for a quote along the lines of “there is nothing heavier than the burden of potential” — and got to a reference to “a caption in a “Peanuts” comic strip” on the blog above as well as Snoopy cartoon captions HERE
2) and, prior to that, for the “inu mishte…” text from an earlier MutualCultures post
It appears to be in Innu and apparently has words for “master of the animals” (utshimau), caribou hunt leader (Atik Utshimau)
Note a few Peanuts captions — on inter-species culturality, academic hubris, human relationality, epistemology…:
- Linus hugging Snoopy ‘Dogs Accept People for what they are’
- Charlie Brown on pitcher’s mound ‘There’s no heavier burden than a great potential’
- Lucy ‘I’m never satisfied until I’m too smart for my own good’
- Linus ‘I love mankind, it’s people I can’t stand’
- Lucy ‘The last time I was wrong was in August, 1958… I think it was on a Monday’
and this one’s gotta be one of their most Canadian ones:
- Snoopy on doghouse ‘I hate it when it snows on my french toast’
but, “we”‘re still missing the exact translation of the Innu poster text…
Any ideas, anyone?